Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sayid's Corpse

As I was driving to work this morning, I was hit with a thought that furthers the theory that Sayid may have arisen as someone other than Sayid.

Miles and Sawyer were not present in the Temple when Sayid was declared dead by the Others and Jack. His body lay where it had been placed by the Others after the failed treatment. Hurley approached Sayid to say goodbye, offering to talk with Sayid whenever he wanted to talk. He looked up to find Miles staring at Sayid's corpse.

The expression on Miles' face said it all. His eyes were wide-eyed and almost scared. What was he hearing from Sayid's body? Because it's Sayid, I just assumed that somehow Miles noticed that Sayid is dead but not dead. Denial is a very strong coping mechanism, my friends.

But now it seems more likely that Miles heard something else he's probably never heard before - something he couldn't put into words. And perhaps that is Jacob taking ownership of Sayid's body.

I presume we'll figure that out quickly enough. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment