Monday, September 21, 2009

Michael Emerson Wins the Emmy!

I'm sure that most of y'all were like me, glued to the TV last night watching the Emmys. It was a better ceremony than most, but the best moment of all was when Michael Emerson won an Emmy for Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Drama. His speech was short and awkward:

Oh, my goodness, what a fine honor. I feel like I'm living out a character actor's dream. One day I flew to Hawaii to do a guest spot, and four years later it's become the role of a lifetime. I salute the other formidable actors in my category [William Hurt had been expected to win, despite a lackluster performance in Damages]. I salute my steadfast and beautiful wife, Carrie, and my fine representation, and all the brilliant writers, producers, and artists that make up the Lost family to which I belong. As they say in Honolulu [I don't speak Hawaiian]... Goodnight.

Sadly, Lost did not win for Outstanding Drama, losing to Mad Men. That's okay. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment