Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Day Late, A Dollar Short?

Dear Lost Followers and Fellow-Fans,

As many of y'all know (hi Lori!), when Lost is on, I make no plans. DVR be damned, I'm going to watch Lost no matter what. Anything that could happen on a Wednesday could surely be scheduled for any other night that Lost is not on. And if not, oh, well. After all, Lost is only on what - 16 episodes per year? Sixteen weeks is surely not a big sacrifice for such an important show.

That said, as some of y'all know, there is a serious illness in the family, and this is my week to be in Alabama to help. I drew figurative straws with my mother, who is amazingly enough a huge Lost fan, mainly due to her undying infatuation for Sawyer (she has excellent taste, that mother of mine), and I drew the figurative short straw. This means that even though I'll be in a room with a television, my "short straw" duties may distract me from the full enjoyment of the show.

Never fear, however, the trusty DVR is working overtime in Chicago, and I will be sure that Lost is on the menu first thing Thursday evening when I return. If I am not able to watch the full episode on Wednesday night, that means I will not have a post about the episode until Friday evening.

Either way, I hope to have a post Thursday night about the sacrifices suffered by our Losties, especially in terms of "This Place is Death," and some thoughts about the differences between "reincarnation" and "resurrection".

Namaste!

3 comments:

  1. God, Carol, you really need to re-evaluate your priorities. I can't believe you would value your family above the timely watching of a TV show. --NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know, I can't believe my own lack of priorities (which I couldn't spell a minute ago!).

    ReplyDelete